THE DARK BROTHERHOOD FEATURES & CONTENT
On June 14th of this year, The Dark Brotherhood will be released on the PS4. Everyone who purchases this DLC will have access (at any level) to all of the following:
- Join the Dark Brotherhood
- Explore The Gold Coast
- Explore Anvil and Kvatch (from Oblivion)
- An exclusive passive skill line
- Hours of exciting story content and quests
- Repeatable Daily Bounty Quests
- Repeatable Contract Kill Quests
- Repeatable Sacrament Quests
- The Litany of Blood: A kill mission
- New Delve: Hrota Cave
- New Delve: Garlas Agea
- Powerful new gear
- Unique crafting styles
- The new Assassin personality
- Three new crafted item sets
- Three new item sets in the Gold Coast
- Two new costumes
- Two new Mementos
- One new Polymorph
- The new Viridian Venom Dye
- The Assassins League crafting style
- A New in-game musical score
- The Kvatch Arena
- Limenauruus the minotaur (pictured below)
DARK BROTHERHOOD BASE-GAME PATCH
In addition, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online will automatically receive the entire base-game patch completely free. This includes:
- The removal of Veteran Ranks
- Toggle-able nameplates for all characters
- Character name display
- Item lock to prevent accidental deconstruction
- Grouping Tool: Group ready check
- Grouping Tool: Vote-to-Kick system
- Grouping Tool: Improved Queue Timer
- Crown Store: Additional character slots
- Crown Store: Motif previews
- Crown Store: Hats
- Crown Store: Crafting Material Bags
- Improvements and adjustments to Item Traits
- Ongoing Cyrodiil performance improvements
- Improvments to Sanctum Ophidia
- Improvments to Fighters Guild skill line
- Improvments to Vampire Skill Line
- Improvments to Stamina Abilities
- Revamped Vendors in Cyrodiil Champion 160 gear
- The Elite Gear Vendor has Thieves Guild sets
- Nine Sets available from Sanctum Ophidia
- Crafting style Abah's Watch
- Crafting style Thieves Guild
THE PASSIVE SKILL LINE
You first unlock the Dark Brotherhood Skill Line after traveling to Anvil and completing the Dark Brotherhood quest "Voices in the Dark." It includes the following:
- Blade of Woe: It is capable of dealing swift death with a single, silent blow. Sneak up behind your target, and the Blade of Woe will do the rest. (Not usable on player characters or difficult targets.)
- Scales of Pitiless Justice: Should you be witnessed while acting on behalf of the Night Mother's will, this passive decreases Bounty and Heat from a witnessed Murder or Assault.
- Padomaic Sprint: Padomaic Sprint grants Major Expedition, increasing your Movement Speed for six seconds after killing a citizen.
- Shadowy Supplier: Seek out Remains-Silent in any Outlaw's Refuge. She will grant you beneficial items of your choice, sometimes even a set item, once per day.
- Shadow Rider: Your area of aggression is reduced by half while mounted. Your would-be foes think twice before attacking when you ride by.
- Spectral Assassin: You have a 15% chance to be shrouded from sight when using the Blade of Woe, shielding you from being witnessed and receiving a bounty.
THE CHAMPION POINT SYSTEM
Veteran Ranks will be removed from the game. Your character's strength after level 50 will now be tracked through Champion Points. Here's the breakdown:
- Each Veteran Rank corresponds to 10 Champion Points, so VR5 Gear becomes Champion Point 50 gear, and VR8 monsters become Champion Point 80 monsters.
- The highest will be Champion Point 160 Gear. Your veteran rank 16 gear will be automatically converted to this, as per the formula above.
- Your gear will retain its stats.
- Champion Points are account bound, so your alternate characters can access them, when they reach level 50.
- You'll also be awarded 2.5 Champion Points (per Veteran Rank) on your highest level character, for a maximum bonus of 40 Champion Points.
To get started quickly, fast-travel to Anvil in the Gold Coast. Amelie Crowe will be waiting for you at the Wayshrine.